Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Zane

Submission by Zane

Hi!
My name's Zane and I'm a baroque cellist (and audio engineer), I'm originally from Cleveland but currently in Baltimore having recently completed a Masters in baroque cello at Peabody (where I'm also currently on staff). I've had an ear for early music since highschool, even though I didn't really know what it was until college, and once I came to Peabody to do my first master's (in normal/modern cello) I finally had the chance to take lessons on BC and Viol, as well as play in early music ensembles, which has completely changed what I want to do with music (I used to dream of being an orchestral player, now I don't enjoy so much when people wave sticks at me). Having recently graduated leaves me in the "what now?" phase of life, where I try to strike a balance between work, life, performing, study, and recording, all without burning out or neglecting anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment